Children In College Change Your Personal Insurance Risk
Your Policy Is Only As Good As Your Agent
What Kind of Personal Insurance Do You Really Need?
Workers’ compensation is designed to protect injured workers from on the job accidents or injury. Workers’ compensation also protects employers from large medical bills and time-loss claims. This kind of insurance is an important part of your business insurance program. The risk climate has changed, and will continue to change, and it is important that workers’ compensation keep up.
How Workers’ Compensation is Changing
- With all the changes in healthcare, workers’ compensation will most likely be integrated in some way with health insurance.
- Will the Federal Government take over workers’ compensation like they did with healthcare? There could be new fines for employers who fail to provide coverage to injured workers.
- How will illegal workers be treated in the future? Most states do allow for illegal workers to be covered under workers’ compensation, but will that continue?
- As medical providers merge, it is going to lead to increased costs.
- Will self-insurance or group plans be more attractive to employers in the future?
Whatever the case, you need an agent who is ready to help you manage your risk. Workers’ compensation insurance protects employers from claims resulting from injuries to employees. It protects your business from lawsuits and provides employees with compensation for on-the-job injuries. By law, most employers are required to provide coverage for lost wages and medical bills incurred as a result of on-the-job accidents or illnesses. For many businesses, workers comp coverage is the largest part of its insurance expense.
Without a doubt, this is a tough market. And when times are tough, you need the best. You need Leap / Carpenter / Kemps Insurance Agency. As Merced County’s largest locally owned agency, Leap / Carpenter / Kemps has access to policies that other agencies just can’t write.