California Personal Insurance Action Plan
Playing Games on Your Phone? Check Your Insurance
Include a Personal Insurance Review in Your Fall Cleaning
Insurance can be confusing, but here are a few interesting facts to get you thinking about your insurance program. The following facts are not confusing at all, and in fact, they should cause us all to think about safety and personal insurance issues. We can offer the right combination of pricing and coverage for your home, auto, and boat insurance. If anything, the following facts are great reasons to have us complete a review of your insurance program.
• There were over 26,000 arson fires in the U.S. in 2016.
• Hail causes about $1 billion dollars in damage to crops and property each year.
• There were over 2,000,000 home burglaries in 2016.
• One third of consumers believe they do not have enough life insurance.
• 721,000 autos were stolen in 2015.
• Winter storms caused $1.9 billion dollars in insured losses in 2015.
• Did you know that if the price of gold goes up, you may need to increase your insurance on your jewelry?
• September is the most common month for hurricanes making landfall in the U.S.
• Identity theft claims increased over 18% in 2016.
• 21% of fatal auto accidents were caused by driving too fast.
• Most homeowner’s insurance does not cover flood damage. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
• The average renter paid about $200 for insurance in 2016.
• Alcohol was the largest human factor in boating deaths in 2016 (17 percent of boating fatalities), causing 140 deaths in 368 accidents and resulting in 313 injuries.
• There were 3,020 distraction-affected fatal crashes in 2016. Turn off your phone!
We hope this has given you a chance to think about your home, auto, boat, motorcycle and business insurance needs. Please call us today and let us help you sleep better at night, knowing you are better protected.
If you are not currently a Leap / Carpenter / Kemps customer, we invite you to talk to one of your many neighbors who are, to see if it might be time for you to change the way that you buy insurance. Let us provide you with a free analysis of your insurance coverage to help you determine if you have the right policies at the right cost. We are here to help!