Why You Need Insurance
Take Your Auto Insurance off Cruise Control
We Answer The Most Common Insurance Questions
Not much feels worse than waking up on a busy Monday morning with cold symptoms: runny nose, cough, congestion, fever, and a tinge of exhaustion. You know you won’t be able to get an appointment with your primary care doctor on such late notice, and your symptoms don’t warrant a trip to the ER or you need medical attention outside of the Urgent Care Center hours.
This, along with many other situations, is where the incredible tool Teladoc can help get you through that miserable Monday. With Teladoc, you can speak to a licensed physician online or over the phone 24/7/365 — all while you’re still on the couch in your PJ’s.
Do you also need to get your consult in before you get up and head to work? No problem. With Teladoc, you can get a call scheduled within ten minutes.
We all have much better things to do than be sick, and Teladoc makes it easier for you to take care of yourself so that you can get back to enjoying life. In this article, you’ll find answers to your most common questions about using Teladoc.
How Does Teladoc Work
Using Teladoc is a simple three-step process that even the most technology averse among us can navigate. When you want to schedule an appointment, simply do the following:
- Schedule an appointment: You simply log in to your Teladoc account and choose the method for your visit, whether it’s by phone or video. You can request an appointment “as soon as possible” or use the convenient scheduling tool.
- Talk to a licensed doctor: At your appointment time, you’ll speak with one of Teladoc’s licensed doctors. You can take as much, or as little, time as you need.
- Get a prescription when needed: If the doctor you consult with thinks its medically necessary, the doctor will send a prescription to a pharmacy near you.
What Can I Use Teladoc For?
You can use Teladoc for a variety of issues, although you should always go to the ER if you believe you’re having an emergency. Teladoc is there for you if you’re experiencing a variety of common health issues.
- General Health: General health includes cough, cold, asthma, rash, flu, fever, migraine, and much more. These typical problems of everyday life are among some of the most common reasons that patients use Teladoc.
- Specialty Services: Specialty services include therapy, dermatology, sexual health, and tobacco cessation. These problems can affect our daily lives, but with Teladoc, you can get help for these issues quickly and discreetly.
- Prescriptions: You can even get prescriptions through your doctor on Teladoc. Every Teladoc doctor is U.S. board-certified and licensed to practice in the state you live in, so they can prescribe medication if they believe it’s medically necessary. Teladoc will help coordinate where the prescription is sent, and can even help you find a pharmacy if you’re travelling.
Who Are the Doctors I’ll Get to See on Teladoc?
Teladoc is available nationwide and has a network of over 3,100 therapists and doctors. All doctors in its network are board-certified and state-licensed. Although you can’t request a specific doctor for your consultation, you can trust that each doctor is qualified to help you with your medical issue.
How Much Does Teladoc Cost and Will My Insurance Cover It?
Unfortunately, the answer is it depends. The cost of a Teladoc visit is based on your Teladoc plan design. Teladoc offers both subscription-style pricing as well as flat fee visits, depending on your insurance.
With the subscription, you’ll get other discounts alongside your benefits package, and can get as many consultations with their documents as you’ll need. Single-consult visit price points include:
- General Medical: $40 per visit
- Behavioral Health: $80 for a therapist; $160 for an evaluation by a psychiatrist; and $90 for ongoing care by a psychiatrist
- Dermatology: $75 per visit
With such affordable rates, you can use Teladoc to ensure that your medical needs are met right when you need them to be.
Can I Get Teladoc for My Employees?
If you own a business, then you know your employees are critical to your company’s success. Keeping them healthy, both physically and mentally, is a top priority.
Fortunately, Teladoc even offers corporate business plans so that you can deliver the service directly to your employees at no cost to them. What’s more, using Teladoc can help you bring down the amount your company spends on medical insurance each year while keeping your employees just as, if not more, healthy than they already are.
How Leap | Carpenter | Kemps Insurance Agency Can Help
At Leap | Carpenter | Kemps Insurance Agency, we know that personal insurance needs are something that hits close to home. Without insurance, you constantly have to worry that one small accident could bankrupt you and your family. What’s worse, you might not only face bankruptcy, but you may also face government fines for not having coverage.
We can help. Our knowledgeable insurance agents have guided countless people just like you through the medical insurance maze. Contact us today.