Summer is filled with many activities that bring your family together. However, nothing can turn a summer outing into a disaster faster than an accident or having your home burglarized while you are away. Your personal insurance can provide coverage for accidents that occur while you are on vacation, but there are limitations. We can make sure you have the best possible combination of coverage, price, and services for your personal insurance needs.
Your personal insurance program should include some or all of the following kinds of competitively priced insurance products. There are many benefits to buying all your personal insurance through one agency, including having one source for all your needs, bundling your home and auto for better discounts, and the ease of just calling one person. We are able to handle all your personal, business, and health insurance needs.
- Home or renter's insurance
- Auto insurance
- Personal umbrella coverage
- RV insurance
- Watercraft insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Identity theft protection
Summer is an excellent time for burglars to make a living. Nonetheless, you can help reduce the likelihood of having a burglary. Here are a few facts that you should know:
- Burglars tend to avoid homes with security systems.
- There are over 2.5 million home burglaries each year.
- Households without a security system are 300% more likely to be burglarized.
- Most burglaries occur between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Home burglaries take less than 10 minutes.
- Sixty percent of burglars live within 10 miles of their targets.
- Twenty three percent of people store valuables in their underwear drawer.
- Forty percent of burglars enter through an unlocked door.
Ways to Protect Your Home While You are on Vacation:
- Install a home security system.
- Always keep your doors locked.
- When away, never post your location on social media.
- While on vacation, stop your paper and garbage services.
- Tell your neighbors where you are traveling, and when you plan on returning.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed around entrances, windows, and walkways.
- Store grills and other items inside while gone.
- Increase your outdoor lighting.
- Keep blinds closed and inside lights on.
- Have someone mow your lawn.
- Ask a neighbor to park their vehicle in your driveway.
- Do not keep any spare keys outside.
Tips to Keep You Safe While Traveling:
- Give a family member your travel schedule.
- Take only the credit cards you need.
- Advise your bank of your travel plans.
- Don’t pack expensive jewelry.
- Never show a large amount of cash.
- Make copies of all of your credit cards, identification information, and medical insurance cards.
- Wear sunglass if you are going to a sunny place.
- Make sure you pack your medications.
- Do not spotlight yourself as a tourist; most thieves find tourists are vulnerable targets.
- Don’t take expensive luggage.
- Travel with an anti-bacterial gel.
- Make sure your hotel has a safe, and use it to store valuables and cash.
- Drink bottled water.
- Know your physical limitations.
- Keep your hotel door locked at all times.
- Go digital by scanning your travel documents.
Have You Considered Special Insurance for Your Travel and Summer Needs?
Summer travel can increase your need for travel and other kinds of special insurance. We wanted to provide some basic information about these kinds of insurance. Please call our office for more information.
Travel insurance offers added coverage that can protect your family while on vacation. Health insurance often does not provide coverage outside the United States. Travel insurance can also provide other benefits such as:
- Trip cancelation coverage.
- Travel coverage to a medical facility.
- Lost baggage.
- Emergency medical and dental expenses.
- Accidental death and dismemberment.
Travel insurance varies from insurer to insurer, and can be designed to meet your individual travel needs. Here are a few examples of travel insurance claims:
- You booked a tour through a tour company and they went out of business. Purchasing trip cancellation/interruption coverage can help protect you from losing your investment due to such an occurrence.
- Your spouse gets ill while in a foreign country. Illness coverage is also included under travel insurance policies if you need to cancel your remaining travel plans. It is important to remember that even if you are fit to travel, you may get sick or have an injury while traveling.
- You are in a remote location and have an illness or injury. Plans can include medical evacuation if needed.
How to Buy Travel Insurance
The best way to buy travel insurance is through an independent agency like ours. We can help design a competitive travel insurance program that is suited best for your needs. We have access to a number of markets that will allow us to provide you with the best combination of coverage, price, and service.