Benefits of Working with an Independent California Agent
California Boating and Water Safety Tips
What's Trending in California Healthcare?
Getting pulled over by a police officer can be a stressful and uncomfortable experience, especially if you have never been pulled over before. The primary reason for being pulled over is for your safety and the safety of others. Do not panic; the police are here to help and protect us.
California Auto Insurance
It will be important to have your auto insurance ID card and vehicle registration handy. Not having auto insurance can be a serious issue.
Keep Your Cool and Stay Calm
There are a few things you can do to help the process go smoothly for you, the officer, and your passengers:
- If you see police vehicle lights in your mirror, slow down and pull over to the side of the road as soon as possible. Make sure you are far enough off the road for the officer to safely walk next to your car.
- Stay calm. Turn off your engine and radio. Keep your seat belt fastened and have your driver’s license and insurance information out and ready. Stay off your cell phone!
- At night, turn on your inside light to allow the officer to view the inside of your vehicle; doing this allows the officer to be assured that there is no danger to him or her.
- Do not argue with the officer.
- Do not get out of the car, unless requested to do so by the officer.
- If you have any passengers in your vehicle, request that they remain silent at all times with their hands in plain sight.
- Don’t make any admissions; if the officer asks if you know why you were pulled over say no. Another question they may use to trap you is by asking, “Do you know how fast you were going?” A simple reply is best such as; “I am always a safe driver and believe that I was going with the flow of traffic.”
- What if the officer wants to search your vehicle? The United States Constitution protects all individuals from unreasonable search and seizure. The exceptions to this are if you agree to a search, or if the officer believes there is illegal activity going on.
You work so you can play hard, and enjoy the things that you have. At Leap / Carpenter / Kemps Insurance Agency, we can provide you with custom insurance plans for even the most complex insurance needs, all conveniently managed by your personal agent.