An Auto Insurance Update
Technology has improved many aspects of our daily life. Now technology has been added to many new vehicles, which makes driving safer. As you consider your next vehicle purchase, consider the safety features that these vehicles offer.
Auto insurance is designed to protect your assets from accidents and damages from covered losses. It is important to have an independent agent review your needs and create a personal auto policy that is designed specifically for your family. Our auto insurance, and the new safety technology in today's vehicles, is a great combination.
Shop With Safety in Mind
- Blind spot warning – This provides you with a warning if another vehicle is in your blind spot.
- Lane departure – If your vehicle strays into another lane you will hear a warning.
- Automatic braking – If you get too close to an object in front of you, your car will brake automatically.
- Adaptive cruise control – This kind of cruise control will keep a specific distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Backup camera – These cameras allow you to see what is immediately behind you as you back up.
- Adaptive headlights – These lights actually turn as your vehicle turns to give you maximum lighting.
- We can offer you many auto insurance options including auto liability, auto physical damage, and other kinds of insurance. We also can provide insurance coverage for your motorcycle, ATV, boat, and RV.
What Is Included in a Standard Auto Insurance Policy?
There are several parts to a standard auto insurance policy.
- Liability- Liability will pay for injuries or damage to a third party as a result of your negligence. There are two parts to this coverage; bodily injury and property damage.
- Collision – Collision coverage is designed to cover damages to your vehicle as a result of a covered loss. All collision losses are subject to your deductible.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive coverage provides coverage "other" than collision. For example, if a rock hits your windshield, that would fall under comprehensive coverage.
- Roadside Assistance – This typically is add-on coverage and can provide towing services or other roadside assistance with hazards such as a flat tire or other mechanical issues.
- Rental Coverage – If your vehicle is in the shop as a result of a covered accident you can obtain a rental car for several days.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – This is an important coverage as it protects you from drivers who have limited or no, insurance. About twenty-five percent of all drivers have no insurance, so it pays to have this coverage.
How Are Auto Premiums Determined?
Your auto insurance premiums are determined by a number of factors including:
- Make and model of your vehicle
- Your age, sex, and marital status
- Claims history
- The number of miles you drive
- If you use your vehicle for business in any way
- Your driving record
- The limits and deductible you select
- Discounts you select
Here are a few auto insurance facts about which some people get confused:
- Color has no bearing on your insurance premiums.
- Your premiums generally do not increase, as you get older.
- It is never a good idea to purchase only the state minimum auto insurance.
- If you allow your neighbor to drive your vehicle, their insurance will not provide coverage.
- Your auto insurance does not cover business use.
- How to Get the Best Deal on Auto Insurance?
The best way to purchase auto insurance is to use an independent agent like us. We have access to many good insurance companies that offer very competitive rates. We will shop the market and bring you the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service. Auto insurance is required in the State of California. We understand how to get competitive auto insurance premiums for our clients. We do it every day.
Auto insurance companies have access to your DMV records so it pays to be honest regarding your driving record. Always provide complete and accurate information to us and/or the insurance company. The insurance company can cancel your coverage if you misrepresented facts during the application process.
Are There Ways to Save on My Auto Insurance?
The answer to that questions is yes. There are many things you can do to help reduce your auto insurance premiums. These things could include increasing your deductible, being a safe driver, considering all discounts available from each insurance company, dropping certain coverage on older vehicles, considering the safety features of the vehicle before you buy, if you have teen drivers making sure they get good grades, reviewing your coverage to make sure you have what you need, and dropping coverage you don't need. Some auto insurance companies are now offering pay as you go premiums. Basically, you pay per mile you drive, and there is a device placed in your vehicle that tracks mileage and reports it to the insurer.