As a California business owner, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees. But when dealing with humans, accidents can happen and Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers' Compensation Insurance should be an important part of your risk management program.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers' compensation insurance is insurance that provides lost income, medical benefits, disability benefits, and rehabilitative services for workers injured on the job or while performing work-related duties.
Why Your Business Needs Workers’ Compensation Insurance
When one of your employees gets hurt on the job or has a work-related illness, only workers’ compensation will cover them. Health insurance benefits will not provide coverage for on the job injuries.
What Is The Best Way To Keep Costs Down?
- Provide training for hazardous work, especially for new or inexperienced workers.
- Enforce safety rules and practices.
- Enforce drug and alcohol rules.
- Require safety equipment to be worn at all times.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry around machinery.
- Where required, you must wear protective equipment such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, hair nets, etc. appropriate to the task.
- Safety equipment such as restraints, pull backs, and two-hand devices are designed for your protection. Be sure such equipment is adjusted for you.
- Do not ever remove machine safety guards.
- Develop a system for reporting unsafe practices.
- Have monthly safety meetings that review safety issues and related topics.
- Create accident investigation procedures that focus on prevention and change.
Leap / Carpenter / Kemps special (beyond the extremely competitive rates that we can offer), it’s the personal relationship that our customers have with our staff. We understand that finding just the right insurance coverages necessary involves our taking the time to know you and your unique circumstances. And the longer that we work together, the better we understand you, and the better job we can do for you over time.